Machinist PositionsAGCO Corporation
POSITION: Perform position requirements, including but not limited to major accountabilities in a safe, efficient and effective manner. Able to perform job classification duties, activities and responsibilities of all business units and all product line or sub-departments within all business units and able to perform job classification duties, activities and responsibilities for all lower grade job function classifications.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Follow all Company rules, policies, procedures and requirements especially for: safety, quality, delivery and productivity/cost.
- Safety: Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures; Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor; Wear require personal protective equipment (PPE) and re‐ port any defective PPE; Report all near‐misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage; Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders and also including: computer numerical control (CNC) equipment.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated or cooled.
- Assist other maintenance employees, other employees and train employees on job procedures.
- Use tools, equipment and technology, including hand or power tools, manufacturing/operations equipment and computerized or automated systems.
- Maintain work area(s) in a safe, clean and orderly fashion.
- Perform other duties, activities and responsibilities as instructed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous fabrication work experience is required, operating variety of machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders and also including: computer numerical control (CNC) equipment.
- At least 2 years of work-related experience, (working in a manufacturing / production work environment, or machine shop.)
- Able read and interpret work instructions, blue prints, manufacturing drawings or similar information.
- Must be able to write legibly and demonstrate good communication skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita
Job Segment: Machinist, Engineer, CNC, Fabrication, Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering