SVP / Director of Consumer LendingAmerican State Bancshares, Inc.
Oversees management, direction and development of the Consumer Lending Department. Provides leadership for the department in the interest of overall growth and development of the financial institution. Primary product manager for a suite of consumer lending products including auto, consumer credit card, small business credit card, home equity lines of credit, and other consumer unsecured loan products. Responsible for management and profit and loss responsibility for the products, as well as business oversight of all aspects of the product lifecycle, from originations through closure and/or default.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs consumer lending business line. Manages ongoing product lifecycle via offer, activation, and utilization management campaigns using modeling and analytics. Responsible for management from program development through creative and collateral messaging development through to execution, testing and tracking to optimize results.
- Oversee and monitor the consumer loan function to achieve its strategic goals. Direct the work of loan managers/key individuals in all consumer lending areas to include underwriting, and approval or denial of consumer loans, ensuring compliance in all processes. Guide and assist in development of Consumer Lending Department staff, ensuring adequate training and other personnel development as needed.
- Develop and implement the Department's strategic plans to align with the Bank's business plan. Establish and ensure the implementation of target goals for the department. Develop and manage an annual budget for the Department.
- Research and recommend the feasibility of a self-reliant collection system within the Consumer Loan Department. Develop management reports for the Department, including a past due report exclusively for consumer lending. Manage past due consumer loans to a pre-determined level.
- Serves as consumer lending subject matter expert on any tactical or strategic projects that may arise in the course of business or due diligence.
- Develop training programs for effective selling. Establish target goals with the focus of building customer relationships.
- Develop and analyze loan reports to guide optimization of portfolio performance and service delivery. Provide regularly scheduled reports to management.
- Develop and maintain a consumer lending procedure manual.
- The successful candidate will possess a four year degree in a business related discipline and/or 5-10 years related experience.
- They should be a progressive thinker and exhibit strong leadership and communication skills.
- This candidate must have the ability to prioritize and organize workflow with strong attention to detail.
- Must have knowledge of financial institution regulations, including Reg B, Reg Z, FACTA, FCRA & SCRA.
- Must also possess demonstrated knowledge of federal and applicable state consumer lending statues.