AccountantAmerican State Bank & Trust
This position is responsible for general accounting and regulatory reporting.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file Call Report quarterly and Summary of Deposits annually in accordance with regulatory requirements after proper internal review.
- Prepare and file regulatory reports including FR2900 and 2644 as required.
- Official Check recon review and assist with escheatment process on official checks.
- Update MPF MSR and CE spreadsheet and post amortization entries.
- Post monthly entries & update monthly reports – Prop Tax, Depreciation, Prepaid, Miscellaneous Accruals etc.
- Settle cash daily prior to cutoff including advancing/paying FHLB line of credit as required.
- Update and send daily Repurchase Agreement confirmations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
- A college degree or equivalent experience/training.
- Courteous, customer service, and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Great talent is essential for our ongoing commitment to this vision, and we are always seeking to add integrity-driven and responsible team members to our organization. To stay current on opportunities, we encourage you to follow us on LinkedIn. Your new career may be just around the corner. American State Bank is an equal opportunity employer.