Assistant Branch ManagerAmerican State Bank & Trust
The primary function of the Assistant Branch Manager is to assist the Branch Manager in directing and overseeing all operational and sales activities of the retail branch, to include coaching and developing branch staff. This position is also expected to provide superior customer service.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Schedules and monitors daily activities of tellers and personal bankers. Ensures retail staff are following all regulations and established policies and procedures. Takes action to resolve any out-of-compliance issues as needed.
- Performs new account and teller functions including opening, closing and making changes to personal and business accounts, CD's and IRA's. Through consultative sales, counsel customers on the bank's products and services.
- Attends all branch and bank-wide operational meetings and ensures retail staff are kept informed of all information communicated during these meetings.
- Assists the Branch Manager in completed all assigned audits and branch certifications.
- Maintains cash limits in the branch; orders cash supply as needed for the vault; assures dual control and strict adherence.
- Three to five years of teller, new account or related banking experience required
- Must have knowledge of Deposit Banking Regulations
- One year of supervisory experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Sales experience preferred
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products