Mortgage Loan OfficerAmerican State Bank & Trust
Role: To assist customers with their mortgage lending needs, analyze loan requests and make credit decisions based on mortgage lending policy.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet bank and regulatory standards. Approves or rejects loan application, or requests additional information. Establishes terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with customer.
- Markets the bank's mortgage lending program to companies and individuals within the real estate community.
- Cross-sells other bank services.
- Evaluates acceptability of loan on secondary mortgage markets.
- Join a service club organization, attend chamber events and participate in bank functions.
- Calls or visits customers who are delinquent on their loan payment to bring loan current.
- Assembles documents in loan file, including acceptance or denial, and returns file mortgage clerk.
- Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
Experience: At least five years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Must have good communication skills and computer skills required. Must be able to drive a vehicle.