Operations Specialist / Personal BankerAmerican State Bank & Trust
Responsible for the daily back office functions to include ACH file transfers, cash letter preparation and exception item processing. Additionally, provides superior customer service by assisting customers with opening, closing and maintenance of accounts. Recognize and meet customer’s needs by recommending and selling appropriate bank product and services. Assists customers with their financial transactions involving paying and receiving cash and negotiable instruments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Process and balance branch capture runs, prepare and send/receive cash letters. Research and post all un-posted transactions. Transfer ACH, ATM and Internet files into Precision. Process incoming and outgoing wire transfers. Prepare notices and statements. Communicate with internal teams and external vendors to address and resolve any system problems. Accurately complete batch and accrual each day.
- Assist customers with opening and closing accounts, ensure proper account ownership, make changes to existing accounts in accordance with Banking Regulations and established procedures. Gather and prepare appropriate documentation and process accounts on Deposit Pro and Precision. Follow bank procedures for account set-up, CIP, scanning and other related account maintenance items.
- Receives and processes customer financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sell cashier's checks to customers. Post transactions and make transfers to customer accounts as directed, maintain customer records and other customer related transactions. Balances cash drawer, cash vault and daily transactions in accordance with established procedures and the Teller Difference Policy. Process night deposit. Perform branch capture function.
- Answers the phone and welcomes customers in a friendly and professional manner. Assist customers in opening or making changes on accounts including Personal, Business and Certificate of Deposit accounts. Maintain knowledge of current bank products and services to assist customer with their needs and to cross-sell bank services.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous administrative tasks including but not limited to, filing, computer input, copying and scanning.
- One to three years of similar or related experience – prior teller and new account or bank bookkeeping experience preferred.
- A high school education.
Great talent is essential for our ongoing commitment to this vision, and we are always seeking to add integrity-driven and responsible team members to our organization. To stay current on opportunities, we encourage you to follow us on LinkedIn. Your new career may be just around the corner. American State Bank is an equal opportunity employer.