Cook/Dietary AideAndover Court Assistant Living
Assisted Living community in Andover, Kansas is looking for a multi tasking, flexible Cook/Dietary Aide to join our team. We provide delicious meals for our seniors 3 times a day with snacks in between. This position includes, but is not limited to: food preparation including desserts, cleaning, dish washing, stocking, and inventory. This is a great opportunity to grow with an expanding company.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Supervisory experience.
- Food preparation experience.
- ServeSafe-certified or able to be ServeSafe-certified.
- Enjoy serving seniors.
- Excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Maintains system ensuring timely meal services.
- Checks daily menu and special events calendar to ensure necessary food and supplies are available.
- Prepares meals meeting nutritional requirements as well as appetizing in appearance.
- Assists in preparation of special meals and for special events.
- Helps to operates kitchen within state and county regulations including sanitation, food storage, record keeping, food temperatures, portion sizes, chemical usage/storage
- Operates kitchen equipment safely and efficiently: steamer, oven, grill, meat slicer, mixer, grinder, dishwasher, etc.
- Maintains cooler and freezer properly: dates and labels food, no food on floor, etc.
- Assists with putting up stock on delivery days.
- Assists with daily kitchen duties: washing pots/pans, putting up stock, removing trash and boxes, cleaning steam table and checking water levels.
- Completes weekly special cleaning assignments.