Certified Journeyman HVAC Technician/Maintenance WorkerAndover Public Schools
Pay: $22.00 + an hour
- Registered Journeyman Mechanical Certificate required. Have relevant experience as a licensed Journeyman and/or maintenance in a comparable work environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Have a valid State of Kansas Driver’s License.
- Possesses a work ethic that is strongly oriented toward both efficiency and customer service.
- Meet all job standards in a time sensitive manner as determined by Supervisor.
- Ability to work unsupervised or within a team. Demonstrate ability to meet quality and quantity standards and on time requirements.
- Meet District grooming and interpersonal standards.
- Meet all District safety requirements.
- Be able to lift 50lbs. Be able to wear protective equipment as required.
- Be able to work 40-hour workweek; setup for activities shall include some evening and weekend events.
- Be able to work in any and all weather, temperatures, and lighting conditions under which the job must be performed.
Reports to: Elect Lead /Director of Operations
Job Goal: Ability to do skilled work in the operation of heating , ventilating and air conditioning systems and general building maintenance.
- Plan, troubleshoot, and maintain all district HVAC systems and equipment for the purpose of ensuring district HVAC systems are working efficiently. Includes but is not limited to: inspections, cleaning, repairs, alterations, and adjustments of HVAC equipment. Knowledge of boilers and heating plant.
- Assumes responsibility for all tools, supplies and materials.
- Plans and estimates material costs of assigned jobs.
- Performs minor building maintenance.
- Assist Custodians with lunch and set ups/cleanups when required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC Equipment.
- Assists in moving, hauling and rearranging furniture as required.
- Remove snow/ice from parking lots and sidewalks as needed.
- Complete work orders as required; district uses an electronic system (iPad/Tablet controlled) for work orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment: At-Will, Twelve-month position. Hourly wage established by the Board.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy as stated in the Classified