CustodianAndover Public Schools
Keep all assigned facilities clean, sanitary, and in orderly condition, maintains grounds, provides classroom and program support by performing duties assigned by immediate Supervisor and/or Building Principal.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend written and oral instructions.
- Must have a valid Kansas State Driver’s License.
- Be able to work in any and all weather temperatures and lighting conditions.
- Support District mission, goals, and objectives.
- Meet all job standards in a time sensitive manner as determined by the Director of Operations.
- Demonstrate ability to meet quality and quantity standards in job duties.
- Meet District grooming and interpersonal standards.
- Meet all District safety requirements.
- Performs housekeeping duties which shall include, but not limited to, the following: sweeps, dusts, strips, scrubs, mops, polishes, waxes, buffs and vacuums hallways, stairs, classrooms, common areas, gymnasiums, locker rooms, and offices; empties all inside and outside trash containers; assists with periodic or emergency clean-up duties anywhere within the school.
- Performs facility and equipment duties which shall include, but not be limited to, the following: reports need for minor/major repairs to lighting, heating, plumbing and ventilating systems or equipment to Supervisor, promptly; maintains equipment which shall include, but not limited to: vacuums, burnishers, chariots, auto scrubbers, buffers and carpet cleaners.
- Performs grounds keeping duties which shall include, but not be limited to, the following: picks up litter and debris around school and parking lots; cleans snow and debris from sidewalks and around entryways; assists in emergency clean up or removal of snow or debris.
- Performs and assists in work order projects such as, but not limited to: moving, hauling and rearranging furniture as classroom or building revisions are made; moving, setting up and storing classroom equipment and curriculum materials; picks up and hauls and delivers equipment and supplies.
- Assists in cautioning staff about constraints in the safe use of equipment, facilities or property.
- Inspects for and reports the need for pest control.
- Follows written and oral directions for job duties; stays alert to and reports emergency situations; abides by District safety standards.
- Uses cleaning implements, equipment, machinery and vehicles provided by the District to accomplish job tasks including, but not limited to: sweepers and vacuums, scrubbers, buffers, burnishers, chariots, auto scrubbers and carpet cleaners.
- Manages job requirements with physical mobility to move from place to place (moves, walks, stands, sits, pushes, pulls, lifts up to 50 pounds) on a daily basis.
- Manages job requirements with ability; to perform job functions in a safe and professional manner.
- Attends in-service training activities for self and job improvement.
- Other job duties: performs minor repairs and adjustments; removes/replaces light bulbs; performs lunchroom custodial services; assists with set up and break down for events; assists with equipment storage; assists teachers with recycling projects.
- Will work in any and all weather-temperatures and lighting conditions under which the job must be performed. May be required to wear protective equipment, which shall include, but not limited to: gloves for exposure control under limited circumstances; foot wear to limit exposure to slippery surfaces.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.