Machine Shop Lead, HR Generalist/Payroll and Quality Assurance InspectorASC
Aerospace Systems & Components, Inc. designs, builds, tests, and provides service on pneumatic valves and electric motor and blower assemblies that provide various functions on an aircraft. We are a growing, mid-sized, non-union, family-owned company with approximately 100 employees. Our company believes in integrity, value and agility. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes profit-sharing.
At the ADP website you will need to set up a username & password. You will then need to answer a few questions about yourself which should take about 10 minutes. The selecting Manager will review your work & education experience and will follow-up with you. Please note that you may encounter compatibility issues when trying to apply. If the screen does not want to accept your answer and will not let you proceed, please try using a different internet browser. Some problems have been experienced when applicants use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer (newer than version 9) should work.
Machine Shop Lead - 2nd shift
The main responsibility of this position will be to operate various conventional and CNC mills and lathes. Our machine shop is relatively clean, organized, and climate controlled. Will perform Lead duties as well as machinist duties.
- Set-up and operate multi-axis CNC machines
- Set-up and operate conventional mills and lathes
- Work from blueprints, sketch sheets, and written instructions
- Perform dimensional verifications and use an array of measurement and inspection equipment
- Maintain acceptable levels of cutters, bits, and other shop supplies
- Develop tools, fixtures, and shop aids as dictated by the job
- Assist Supervisor with employee coaching and maintaining work flow to schedule
This HR Generalist/Payroll position is responsible for assisting in the hiring process of new employees. Additionally, this person will be responsible for employee orientation, training and records, as well as payroll. The work-hours will be flexible to meet the combined expectations of the individual and the Company, and at 30 hour/week, he or she will still qualify for all Company benefits.
- Assist in creation of job description and posting of vacancies
- Assist managers by recruiting, assessing job applications, identifying qualified candidates, conduct saliva drug testing
- Conduct new hire orientation and insure all necessary forms are completed and filed
- Assist supervisors with time and attendance; Syteline knowledge helpful
- Bi-weekly Payroll and report creation using ADP
- Reconciliation of benefits billings
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a company training program and assist with planning and recordkeeping for safety and certification trainings
- EEO reporting/analytics
- Assist managers/supervisors with employee motivation, discipline and termination
- Assist in identification and management of factors associated with employee retention
Quality Assurance Inspector
This posting is for an hourly, full-time position in ASC's Quality Assurance.
- Perform receiving, in-process, and final inspections of precision machined components and assemblies using inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, height gages, dial indicators, surface plates, etc.
- Ensures compliance with quality procedures, control plans and quality management system requirements.
- Document inspection results, review and approve material and special process certifications, and maintain quality traceability information.
- Perform first piece inspections to approve manufacturing set-ups.
- Generate First Article Inspection Reports.
- Use various computer programs that are critical to the job function.
- Perform various gage calibration tasks.
Stockroom / Shipping / Receiving Clerk
This is a multi-functional, hourly, full-time position. The individual will be trained to perform the tasks essential to this position. The work environment is clean, orderly, quiet, and climate controlled.
- Assist in receiving, storing, counting, and issuing components, kits and/or assemblies required for manufacturing
- Ensure accuracy and timely flow of materials to the production floor
- Receive, pack, and ship items in a manner that meets all customer expectations
- Initiate & maintain proper documentation for all incoming and outgoing transactions
This posting is for an hourly, full-time position in ASC's Production assembly area. Job duties include assemble valves, perform analysis to trouble-shoot problems, and setup and run tests for functional acceptance.