IT Business Analyst - Data Warehouse Modeler
IT Business Analyst - Data Warehouse Modeler
Requisition Number S1627P
The Office of Information Technology is seeking applicants for an enterprise Data Warehouse Data Modeler (IT Business Analyst) position. This position analyzes business data processes and definitions and designs data models and structures that translate these complex business data definitions into efficient, compact models. Data Modelers work with DBAs, Business Analysts, Developers, and Functional Users to design data models that meet the organizational needs using conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Their models are designed to improve efficiency and outputs, and may focus on issues such as reducing data redundancies or improving data integration across systems. This role plays a key part in defining and implementing Data governance and standards within the University for Data warehousing and reporting purposes.
Formal AU Title: Specialist, Information Technology (IV/V/VI)
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Performs configuration, support, and monitoring activities for third party applications
- Recommends and performs tuning and optimization for performance of various applications that require integration to core system infrastructure
- Installs vendor provided fixes for defects, performance enhancements or security related issues.
- Identifies bugs and defects and communicates with vendor to apply fixes in a timely manner.
- Follows proper Change controls for testing, implementation and validation for all Middleware product changes/modifications and completes work related to Known Errors, Problem tickets, Problem tasks, Root Cause Analysis research and resolution.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies and technical strategy, and advises the leadership where improvements are deemed necessary.
- Serves as first responder to all incidents and provides root cause analysis involving supported applications.
- Performs technical Proof of Concepts (POCs) for new tools and services.
- Conducts training sessions on technical matters and new technology trends for internal audiences.
- Participates in department projects and serves as consultant for integrating supporting applications
- Collaborates and completes assigned tasks as part of various projects, initiatives, and/or other work efforts
- Researches technical issues and provides recommendations for resolution and process improvements.
- Creates, updates, and maintains department work instructions.
- Documents and communicates daily tasks to team members and stakeholders
- Researches tools and makes recommendations to improve reliability, security, efficiency, and cost
- Works with Banner subject matter experts and DBAs to establish the process and schedule for ETL functions within Oracle and exports to Qlik.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to understand the needs and fulfill the data reporting and visualization needs of customers including converting existing reports to visualizations.
- Enforces data governance policy across Banner and all third party systems which share data with Banner by collaborating with the data owners across campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 Years of Experience
- Developing and documenting business requirements, design specifications, use cases, and test cases.
- The Business Analyst position is posted at three levels.
- Typical salaries for the Business Analyst, Specialist IV level are between $55,000 and $65,000. Level IV only: When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
- The Specialist V position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 4 or more years of applicable experience as indicated. The starting salaries for this level are between $64,000 and $75,000.
- The Specialist VI position requires a Bachelor’s degree and seven 7 or more years of applicable experience. The starting salaries for this level are typically between $73K and $85K.
Level IV only: When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required ex
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think logically
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- History of handling moderately complex projects through to completion
- Strong technical/process documentation skills
- Strong team and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and use new applications and computer languages
- Ability to identify and implement efficiencies and automate processes and procedures
- Able to coordinate and communicate with other teams for example; application support/development, infrastructure teams, project managers, and support teams to resolve incidents or to complete work requests.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Follow Enterprise IT Security best practices – have a clear understanding of security concepts and best practices and the implementation within the Middleware environments.
- Candidate must be able to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of database structures
- Hands-on experience with application implementation process to include base OS functionality, OS build, web hosting services, and application performance understanding
- Experience with scripting/programming in language
- Experience in implementing security, compliance and auditing of Middleware applications
- Strong customer facing skills and ability to support and drive troubleshooting with multiple vendors and internal teams.
- Experience creating technical and process documentation.
- Familiarity with Datacenter operations and complex infrastructure designs
- Experience with Internal Audit controls and Vulnerability (CVE) assessment and remediation
- Experience with both Linux/UNIX Systems and Windows Systems environments
- Experience administering installed Middleware products regardless of platform.
- Experience supporting the following applications: Qlik and Informatica
- Experience supporting applications hosted in Cloud environments preference within Azure technologies
Salary Range $45,100 - $99,600
Link for postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29241
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.