Coordinator of Student HousingBarton Community College
The Coordinator is responsible for management of the residence life program on the Barton County campus to include direction for the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and programming appropriate to the residential student population. This position also serves as a Campus Safety Authority as required by federal law in the Clery Act.
- To be available "on call" at all times except for designated times off.
- Be accessible to residents, family members, and other campus staff relative to the daily needs of campus housing.
- Tend to the daily operation of Student Housing in a way that will offer the residents a positive experience, to include establishing ongoing rapport with residents and others with interests in student housing.
- A high degree of communication competence, excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills, ability to work with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards of professional practice, as well as personal and professional integrity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience - Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education - A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- Interpersonal Skills - Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Other Skills - Bachelor's degree preferred.
Review of completed applications begins immediately. Persons with hearing or speech impairment, please use the Kansas Relay Service at 1-800-766-3777 or dial 711. Position is open until filled. EEO/AA.