Assistant Apartment ManagerBuilders, Inc.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
The following attributes are desirable for job success: experience in managing/leasing multi-family properties, certification in the multi-family (ARM, CAM, NALP, etc.), ability to bookkeeping experience, ability to communicate effectively, safety conscious, ability to asset yourself, preference for detail work, ability to work well under pressure, self-motivation and self-direction, ability to work with/without direct supervision and the ability to become a team leader.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for conversion of telephone and walk-in prospects to leases, resulting in maintained and increased occupancy, and the inherent responsibility to effectively communicate to existing residents and establish a successful renewal program. Responsibility for weekly/monthly reports to include receiving and posting of rents, with additional responsibility to assist the On-site manager with the coordination of day-to-day activities of the development, in accordance with the standards established by Builders, Inc. Assist in maintaining office clerical, filing and record keeping systems. Identify and strive to meet the resident’s needs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Respond effectively to telephone inquiries to generate prospective resident visits to the property. Maintain a call to show ratio of at least 65%.
- Show and demonstrate apartments, utilizing sales skills to demonstrate market ready product and availability to close prospects. Maintain a deposit to show ratio of at least 50%.
- Follow-up with prospective residents.
- Monitor telephone and walk-in traffic at property via welcome cards and traffic logs.
- Walk model tour route and opens models daily to ensure quality presentation.
- Obtain lease information and complete lease applications. Conduct required credit and reference checks. Set up and maintain lease files.
- Conduct periodic market surveys, as requested.
2) Encourage resident retention by contacting all residents on renewal report that are not currently on lease.
3) Lease Administration:
- Perform move-in inspections with new residents.
- Review Welcome packet with new resident in a timely manner.
- Maintain legal records/files.
- Input daily activity on daily and vacancy reports.
4) Assist with resident relations:
- Prepare and process resident service requests.
- Assist with resident problems and complaints concerning rent payments, service requests, etc.
- Assist with preparation of newsletters and promotion flyers.
- Assist with the planning of community activities and events.
5) Accounting policies and procedures:
- Collect, record & deposit rental payments, application fees, security deposits, etc.
- Maintain account records and journals and make bank deposits.
- Help to prepare weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Help to prepare legal action for evictions, as necessary.
6) Supervisory responsibilities - in absence of the manager, provide “in charge” responsibilities for the property and staff. These responsibilities include being “on call” 24 hours with pager, managing and delegating staff for maximum performance of their respective job functions.
Reports directly to the on-site manager. In absence of manager, supervises and schedules maintenance and on-site personnel. Works with property manager, administrative division staff, staff members of other developments, outside vendors and service providers.
Hours of Work: 8:30a.m. to 5:30p.m., Monday through Friday. 10:00a.m. to 5:30p.m., Saturday. Schedule may vary according to individual property and on-site manager.
Amount of Overtime: Limited to needs of property.
Physical requirements: Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including 4 flights of stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, and show apartments. Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, supervisors, vendors, etc. Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. to facilitate vacuuming, moving office furniture & lifting of supplies as needed.
Experience: Two years of related business.
Education: Two years of college preferred.
Seniority: None required.
Residency: Must meet requirements for residency in the community for which they have applied. Will receive a FREE apartment at the community where they work, or a 50% discount if they choose to live at another Builders, Inc. community.
Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands, including daily bank deposits. Must have proof of liability insurance for same. Bondable and Valid Driver’s License.