Medical Receptionist/SchedulerCardiovascular Consultants of Kansas, PA
Responsible for greeting patients, appointment scheduling, providing information, communicating with all departments, ability to multi task.
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, & helpful manner
- Answers telephone, provides appointment information, directs/transfers calls to appropriate departments
- Obtains, verifies and updates patient demographic information
- Collects monies due for patients visits (i.e. copay, deductible/coinsurance, self-pay)
- Check patients in and out for appointments
- Checking schedules and organizing patient flow
- Maintains clean, orderly waiting and reception area
- Performs insurance benefit verification
- Updates all patient profiles
- Reports problems or irregularities with patient flow
- Sort and distribute faxes and other patient correspondence
- Collect balance on account or send patient to Billing department for arrangements
- Ensures positive customer service atmosphere is continuously maintained
- Ability to fill in for other staff and cover in case of sickness or vacation
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of one year in a healthcare setting, minimum of one year customer service experience, Minimum of one year experience with Microsoft office
- Knowledge of medical office procedures
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of customer service concepts
- Skill in operating a computer, scanner and copy machine
- Skill in answering a multi-line phones system
- Skill in time management and organization
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic and numeric systems
- Ability to work in a team setting
Environmental/Working Conditions: Medical office setting, well – lighted, well-ventilated, adequate space.
Physical/Mental Demands: Sitting for 7-8 hours a day. Must be able to sit, bend, and twist. Hand dexterity required for telephone, keyboard and office machine operation.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.