Medical Records ClerkCardiovascular Consultants of Kansas, PA
Responsible for follow up of health data retention and retrieval
- Patient health data retrieval as necessary
- Locates records and forwards on to appropriate department
- Pull paper charts as requested and required for patient care
- Assists patients with requested health record information
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data
- Scans, indexes and files patient health data in paper and electronic charts
- Participates in professional development efforts to ensure currency in health care practices and trends.
- Answer phones, schedule appointments and direct calls
Education: High school diploma
Experience: Minimum of one year in a clinical setting, minimum of 1-year customer service experience
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records
- Knowledge of customer service concepts
- Skill in gathering, interpreting and reporting insurance information
- Skill in written and verbal communication
- Skill in time management and organization
- Ability to sort and file in alphabetical order
- Ability to work effectively with patients, employees and the public.
- Ability to work in a team setting
Environmental/Working Conditions: Normal office environment. May view computer screens for long periods of time
Physical/Mental Demands: Requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to retrieve files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or sitting for extended periods of time.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.