The administrative assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for paid staff and ministry teams, managing an organized and efficient church office, and interacting with church members and the public in ways that align with the beliefs, vision, mission, and values of Celebration Baptist Church (CBC). This is a salaried position Monday through Thursday (8:30 AM – 5 PM) with a 1-hour lunch break and Friday (8:30 AM - 12:30 PM).
- A committed Christ-follower.
- Associates degree and previous administrative experience preferred.
- High degree of discretion and integrity dealing with confidential information.
- A self-starter and able to prioritize and work independently with little supervision.
- Team player, organized, discreet, creative, detail oriented, adaptable to simultaneous demands.
- Accurate typing, 55 + wpm.
- Working knowledge of the following: Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, office equipment, social media, and basic website design.
- Familiar with or have the aptitude to learn Adobe Photoshop, QuickBooks, and the church membership system (Realm/ACS Technologies).
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to develop trusting and respectful relationships.
- Appropriate proficiency in writing and editing skills.
- Pass CBC’s criminal background screening process.
- The administrative assistant is an extension of the pastor’s ministry and supports CBC’s mission.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment in the church office.
- Be positive and professional with all forms of communication.
- Prepare and send correspondence (i.e., letters, postcards, cards, emails) as directed.
- Maintain CBC’s website, making sure it is current and accurate.
- Monitor and post biblical content and church events on social media.
- Prepare and organize materials for events and meetings.
- Proofread publications, emails, and correspondence.
- Update and utilize the Church Office Operations Manual.
- Maintain files of minutes, directories, memberships, policies, & reports for quick retrieval.
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment. Coordinate software upgrades and installations with technical support.
- Use desktop-publishing software to prepare the following: Sunday bulletin (weekly); create graphics for various printed and digital publications; create special flyers, brochures, and banners.
- Coordinate the church calendar of events and property usage with the pastor and ministry team leaders.
- Provide event planning support (banquets, weddings, funerals).
- Work with the pastor and ministry team leaders to schedule appointments for maintenance and repairs on church property.
- Run errands as needed for church ministry supplies.
- Prepare annual denominational reports.
- Be responsible for CBC’s finances by posting offerings to individual accounts, making deposits, paying bills and payroll, tracking expenses, monitoring the budget, keeping the staff informed about spending, and preparing weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports for the pastor, treasurer, and stewardship team.
- Post receipts and disbursements of all accounts using CBC’s accounting software.
- Reconcile/resolve any financial discrepancies.
- Prepare and distribute contribution statements to the church’s donors.
- Respond to inquiries concerning financial matters and maintain files of invoices, receipts, correspondence, and reports.
- Prepare annual reports for employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor and/or the personnel team.
- Immediately inform the pastor and/or the personnel team of any questions, concerns, conflicts, or safety issues.
For more information, visit https://www.celebrationbaptist.org/job-openings. We are receiving resumes through Wednesday, June 1.