OR Registered NursesCenter For Same Day Surgery
OR experience required. Monday - Friday schedule, no weekends, holidays or call. Full benefits offered for full time positions.
Promotes, monitors and maintains safe, effective, and efficient nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care that are conducive to the health and safety of every patient.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Assumes individual responsibility and accountability for patient care delivered personally and care delegated to non-professional staff.
- Serves as a resource for others and participates in the preceptorship of students as well as staff on orientation.
- Provides intra-operative care to the patient undergoing invasive procedures, incorporating behavioral and technical components of professional nursing during the intra-operative phase. The scope of practice for the intra-operative nurse may include various roles such as circulating responsibilities, scrub responsibilities and education.
- Provides a safe, efficient, and supportive environment for the surgical patient.
- Reviews preference sheet for assigned cases and prepares room for the scheduled procedure.
- Supervises all counts and assures compliance with the count policy.
- Demonstrates proper handling of specimen to include accurate labeling.
- Follows departmental and OSHA standards, policies, procedures, and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), or 3 year diploma in nursing, from an approved college or university required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an approved college or university preferred.
- Previous OR nurse experience, experience as an OR scrub tech, or OR nurse tech preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing with a current Registered Nurse license is required.
- Must have Kansas Registered Nurse license by date of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers offered by the American Heart Association or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer offered by the Red Cross within 30 days post date of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 180 days of hire.