Teller - Full Time OR Part TimeCommunity Bank
Receives and pays out money, and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments as well as keeps records of financial transactions for bank by performing the following duties:
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Accepts stop payment requests from customers and enters them on the computer.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products or services such as cashier's checks.
- Removes deposits from night depository.
- Sorts incoming mail on a daily basis and processes any pertinent transactions.
- Accepts loan payments.
- Processes customer transactions from time of acceptance at teller line through presentment to the Federal Reserve Bank
- Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Processes and mails monthly statements to customers.
The person hired for this position must be dependable, work accurately and enjoy working with the public. Requirements for this position include a high school diploma or equivalent, strong written and verbal communication skills, typing, 10 key, cash handling and basic math skills. Must be able to work flexible hours during the week and 9:00 am – 12:00 pm on Saturdays.
Community Bank is an EEO/Member FDIC/Drug Free Workplace.