Manufacturing Technology Instructor (Mechatronics)Cowley County Community College
Cowley College's Career and Technical Education department is seeking a full-time Manufacturing Technology Instructor. This position is responsible for effectively managing the Manufacturing Technology program and successfully teaching students within the program.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in a related field PLUS two years’ related trade experience OR
- Skilled Trade certification PLUS five years’ related trade experience.
- Knowledge of: Programmable Logic Controls, Mechanical Systems, Industrial Process Control, Basic Electricity/AC-DC Current, Motor/Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems.
The Manufacturing Technology Instructor is a full-time, 10-month position for Cowley College’s CTE program. This position is responsible for effectively managing the Manufacturing Technology program and successfully teaching across six primary manufacturing topics: Programmable Logic Controls, Mechanical Systems, Industrial Process Control, Basic Electricity/AC-DC Current, Motor/Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems.
- Teach state approved courses in Manufacturing Technology.
- Instruct students in competency-based program curriculum using current instructional strategies appropriate to the subject matter to assure highest quality classroom instruction.
- Effectively manage the classroom to create an optimal learning environment, maintaining an appropriate balance of classroom discipline.
- Maintain up-to-date records and reports of student attendance, academic progress, and grades as required by College policy and certification/regulatory agencies.
- Assure that lab equipment is maintained in working order.
- Order and maintain inventory of required student learning materials and supplies.
- Recruit students for the Manufacturing Technology program.
- Develop relationships with business community and industry partners.
- Creation of curriculum, instructional materials, and oversight of manufacturing lab and equipment.
- Serve as the advisor for Manufacturing Technology students.
- Responsible for the Manufacturing Technology operations for which assigned.
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organization.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures and consistently demonstrate Cowley's Core Values (People, Integrity, Accountability & Leadership)
- Assist the department chairperson and/or A.V.P. of Business and Industry Advancement by performing other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of and experience in the appropriate subject matter.
- Capable of developing, qualifying, and approving procedures, establishing and approving techniques, interpreting codes, standards, specifications, and procedures; and designating the particular Manufacturing Technology methods, techniques, and procedures to be used.
- Capable of interpreting and evaluating results in terms of existing codes, standards, and specifications.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Ability to work and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Good communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work. Work well under deadline pressures.
- Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and diverse populations.
Required Education Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field PLUS two years’ related trade experience OR
- Relevant industry certifications PLUS five years’ related trade experience (may be required to earn Associates degree).
- Have sufficient practical experience in applicable materials, fabrication, and product technology to establish techniques and to assist in establishing acceptance criteria when none are otherwise available.
- Industry experience, preferred.
Cowley College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.