Department: Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Position Reports To: Associate Vice President of Business and Industry Advancement
Status: Part-Time Faculty Position
FLSA Status: Exempt
Start: Position open until filled
Cowley College’s Career and Technical Education department is seeking an Adjunct Instructor for the Manufacturing Technology (Mechatronics) program. The Instructor will deliver introductory courses (refer to courses listed in Job Summary).
Required Education and Skills:
- Associate’s degree in Machining or machine Tool Technology from a regionally accredited educational institution PLUS three years’ industry experience.
- Machinist industry certification preferred
- MasterCam certification preferred
The Manufacturing Technology (Mechatronics) part-time, adjunct position for Cowley College’s CTE program. This position is responsible for effectively teaching introductory courses such as Electricity, Electronics, Mechanical Systems, Hydraulic Systems, and Pneumatic Systems.
- Teach state approved courses in Manufacturing Technology (Mechatronics).
- Instruct students in competency-based program curriculum using current instructional strategies appropriate to the subject matter to assure highest quality classroom instruction.
- Effectively manage the classroom to create an optimal learning environment, maintaining an appropriate balance of classroom discipline.
- Maintain up-to-date records of student attendance, academic progress and grades as required by College policy and certification/regulatory agencies.
- Assist in recruiting and maintaining student retention.
- Assist in the creation of curriculum, instructional materials, and oversight of classroom, lab, and equipment
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organization.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of and experience in the appropriate subject matter.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Ability to work and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Good communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work. Work well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent human relations skills. Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and diverse populations.
- Understanding of and commitment to Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP).
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited educational institution PLUS
- two years’ related trade experience.
- Five years of industry experience without Associate degree.
Supervisory Requirements: None.
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; ability to move freely around the campus and outreach centers; ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to bend, stoop, reach and grasp as required to perform responsibilities; ability to drive motor vehicle; and ability to work on the computer for long periods of time.
Work performed in a classroom, laboratory and office environment.