Military Service CoordinatorCowley County Community College
The Military Services Coordinator will oversee the education process for all military service members, veterans and eligible military families. The Coordinator is responsible for the effective management of all recruitment, advising, processing and certification of benefits, and serves as the primary point of contact for all military students. This position will provide oversight between all service locations in terms of staff training and implementation of policies and procedures, as it pertains to military and veteran benefits. This position will also work collaboratively with all members of the enrollment management team and other departments of the College to coordinate and evaluate programs and be actively engaged in activities to support student retention and success. The coordinator will also assume an active role in the development of recruiting, retention, and marketing strategies.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of veteran and military services concepts, practices and procedures and the ability to use in varied situations.
- Working knowledge of veteran and military educational benefits and the processes for those benefits.
- Knowledge of SOC Principles and Criteria.
- Knowledge of the DoD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (DoD MOU)
- Knowledge of the VA certification and compliance processes.
- Knowledge of military education portals, including Air Force portal and Army portal.
- Knowledge of evaluating Joint Services Transcripts and the practices outlined in the Joint Statement on the Transfer and Award Credit.
- Knowledge of filing and records management.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with members of the military community, other staff members, and representatives of outside agencies.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations.
- Computer literacy. Ability to operate computer programs and databases.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Ability to work and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Good communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work. Work well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent human relations skills. Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and diverse populations.
- Understanding of and commitment to Academic Quality Improvement Program.
Required Education Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Academic Advising experience within a college setting.
- Experience in Military and Veteran Relations.
- Experience working within a government and/or higher education regulatory and compliance environment.
- Experience with Military Education Programs, preferred.
- Financial Aid experience, preferred