Tooling TechnicianCox Machine, Inc.
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. OT as required.
This Tooling Technician is responsible for supporting new products, experimental manufacturing, and improved manufacturing processes by building and assisting in designing various assembly fixtures, fabricating fixtures, as well as assisting in repairs of existing assembly fixtures by machining replacement parts/components, in a manner that will help to insure zero unscheduled equipment downtime. Additionally, this role will assist with metal prototyping for concept designs.
- Design, machine, and assemble the components needed to construct assembly/test fixtures for new products.
- Machine replacement components required to repair damaged or broken machines and assembly fixtures.
- Support tooling needed for experimental production and tooling for new products.
- Support the department goal of zero unscheduled equipment downtime
- Work with engineering team and assembly floor personnel to resolve assembly fixture issues, which will lower defect rates and improve production efficiencies.
- Effectively participate in daily shift meetings, communicating previous work performed, planned work, and lessons learned.
- Develop, implement, perform, and maintain, pertinent preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance procedures for tooling and fixtures, to detect early signs of failure.
- Assist with fabricating process engineering prototype parts for manufacturing and robotic work cells.
- Strong ability to read/interpret technical drawings
- At least two year’s experience setting up and operating conventional mills and lathes
- At least three year’s experience setting up and operating CNC mills (mainly Haas)
- Welding, fabrication, and metal working skills preferred.
- Strong customer service focus with dedication to the needs of production. Must be able to take initiative and work independently to meet company goals.
- At least two year’s experience writing CNC programs
- Prior ERP experience a plus.
- Associates degree (or greater) in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology certificate or equivalent military training.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment performing maintenance and repair work on similar equipment or systems
Cox Machine, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cox Machine, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.