Real Estate Loan Officer
Credit Union of America
Posted on January 14, 2018
Role: Assist members with their mortgage lending needs: analyze loan requests and make credit decisions based on mortgage lending policy.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet credit union and governmental standards. Requests additional information as needed. Works with the underwriter to establishes terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with member.
- Sells the Credit Union's mortgage lending program to companies and individuals within the real estate community.
- Works with the senior loan officers to evaluate acceptability of loan to buyers of real estate loans on secondary mortgage markets.
- Cross-sells other credit union services.
- Assembles and organizes documents in loan file, including acceptance or denial, and returns file to designated clerk or destination.
- Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. Employees shall be trained annually, demonstrate an understanding of, and follow the requirements of the BSA/AML Compliance Program as it specifically relates to their job functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
- Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Other Skills: 1. Must be able to type, use PC and general office equipment including 10-key calculator. 2. Must have excellent communication skills including oral, written, and interpersonal.