Environmental SpecialistD-J Engineering, Inc.
D-J Engineering (www.djgrp.com) is an aerospace manufacturing company that takes pride in producing the industry’s most unique and hard to build structural parts and assemblies. We are a driven company that gets the job done. We are looking for self-starters that are eager and able to successfully tackle challenging projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with environmental regulations and permits for air quality, wastewater, hazardous waste/materials, and solid waste
- Prepares periodic emission reports, summaries, and compliance reports
- Oversees entry of pertinent records and documentation of excess emissions and related operating data
- Performs technical/regulatory analysis, field sampling and testing, and report preparation
- Prepares permit applications and liaises with regulatory agencies on non-compliance emissions and discharges
- Interacts with and monitors contractors assisting with environmental compliance activities
- Monitors and coordinates packaging, transport and disposal of hazardous materials and non-hazardous wastes in compliance with regulations
- Monitors and coordinates testing and reporting of wastewater and storm water in compliance with regulations and permits
- Assists with the technical oversight on groundwater and soil contamination issues
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
EXPERIENCE: One year of environmental compliance experience required.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Experience in Aerospace industry and/or manufacturing environment with five year's environmental compliance experience is preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Certification or the ability to obtain certification for DOT Hazmat Shipping, OSHA Hazmat, and RCRA is required. Ability to understand and interpret environmental regulations. Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations, advanced reading and writing skills, ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
WORK CONDITIONS: Office based with frequent visits to our different shop locations, and with travel by land or air as required for some training. Required to work in machine shop environment, warehouse/plant environment, and out of doors environment including but not limited to chemicals and tanks. Required to work in all temperatures including outdoors. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.