Environmental SpecialistD-J Engineering, Inc.
D-J Engineering (www.djgrp.com) is an aerospace manufacturing company that takes pride in producing the industry’s most unique and hard to build structural parts and assemblies. We are a driven company that gets the job done. We are looking for self-starters that are eager and able to successfully tackle challenging projects.
- This position works closely with the EHS Coordinator, other EHS specialists, as well as other departments within D-J Engineering, Inc. to plan, direct, and implement EHS programs.
- Ensures company facilities are in compliance with external environmental, safety and health regulations such as OSHA, EPA, and KDHE through assessment and inspections.
- Assists the company in meeting reporting requirements of relevant agencies.
- Assist in implementation of Emergency Response and Disaster Planning Programs.
- Provides daily environmental guidance and direction to all employees and management at D-J Engineering, Inc.
- Assists in the management of various programs such as the hazardous waste program, the Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP), SPCC, SWPPP, annual Tier II and Form A/R reports.
- Assists in weekly / monthly / quarterly / annual environmental inspections.
- Participate in 6S initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field with experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety. (Preferred)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Experience training and working with teams and employees in a cross functional environment.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to pass pre-employment drug screen. (Required)
- Knowledgeable in PSM a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and previous experience managing contractors. (Preferred)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.