NDT Level II OperatorsD-J Engineering, Inc.
D-J Engineering (www.djgrp.com) is an aerospace manufacturing company that takes pride in producing the industry’s most unique and hard to build structural parts and assemblies. We are a driven company that gets the job done. We are looking for self-starters that are eager and able to successfully tackle challenging projects. This job is located in Augusta Kansas.
Level II UT operators will perform quality NDT evaluations on material. These evaluations are performed by direction of procedures which reflect customer requirements. After a probationary period, the operator is expected to perform acceptance of these evaluations independently with little to no supervision, and report findings through computer interfaces. The Level II is expected to ensure the calibration of all NDT and measurement equipment, and will also train lower levels of certified operators on tasks that are comparable to their qualification. The Level II will use forklifts and overhead cranes to position material for evaluation.
- No traveling
- Salary: $75,000/yr
- Obtain and maintain certification to Level II status in the UT method, as well as any additional required certifications.
- Provide Level II inspection services to the company with the skills and knowledge to set-up and standardize equipment. Process materials according to Level III approved procedures, interpret / evaluate product for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
- Complete required setup calibrations, ultrasonic inspections, eddy current inspections and related tasks. Instrument tasks include developing knowledge and performing inspections, preventative maintenance activities, repair and maintenance of the instrumentation systems.
- Perform ultrasonic inspection tasks which include the examination of in-process and finished materials, and evaluation of ultrasonic system performance.
- Operate overhead crane to load and unload test standards and product to be inspected.
- Remove small surface discontinuities and burrs from product to be inspected using hand tools/hand grinders as necessary.
- Assist in the evaluation of the performance of ultrasonic instrumentation or systems for ultrasonic and eddy current production process equipment.
- Develops knowledge of the analysis of malfunctions and make the necessary repairs. Assist in the maintenance of records of all set-ups, test performance, repairs, and modifications. Retain the ability to trouble shoot and perform minor maintenance and repair on test equipment.
- Develop knowledge of codes, standards, and internal procedures and documents that control each test method. Develop ability to assist in the analysis of NDT indications and responses.
- Assist engineers and managers in developing and implementing continuous improvements of the process and products.
- Obtain and maintain a basic knowledge of ultrasonic inspection techniques, materials, gages, tools and equipment, including the ability to work from drawings, sketches, manuals or procedures to assure compliance to established quality specifications.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated NDT knowledge.
- NDT Level II ultrasonic certifications and X-ray. Must be able to provide proof of certification.
- NAS 410
- Experience in manufacturing preferred