Programs ManagerD-J Engineering, Inc.
Augusta, KS Full time
Posted on May 16, 2018
- Collaborate with other leadership, and key business stakeholders to understand their strategic portfolio and business goals.
- Create a program and product delivery strategy that aligns with market opportunities and company’s product roadmap
- Drive cross-functional planning and effective execution of studies through the development and monitoring of fully integrated, cross-functional, study specific timelines and budgets
- Leads the coordination of project activities and resources across the organization in a manner that maximizes efficiency and minimizes conflicts.
- Direct a team of program and project managers to drive and deliver cross-functional programs that contribute a key company product portfolio.
- Develops (or oversees) project plans and scope ensuring stakeholders buy in and regulatory compliance
- Partner with Development Leaders to assist in all aspects of initiating, planning and executing program strategy
- Evolve PMO processes, tools, metrics, and policies ensuring they drive productivity, quality and business success.
- Ensure we effectively deliver our portfolio and enterprise roadmap, managing change effectively, understanding the value of the projects and ensuring the appropriate level of transparency
- They should demonstrate a genuine sense of ownership and have a keen desire to work through complex technical challenges at enterprise scale.
- Ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a fast-paced environment is crucial.
- Ability to envision future, state business services/processes and to construct roadmaps representing evolution from current to future state
- Proven understanding of how to manage a PMO Department with solid knowledge of PMO concepts and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Prior experience successfully managing teams with both directly and indirectly reports ensuring good collaboration and coordination between multiple sites and time zones.
- Success record in delivering internal and customer-facing programs on time with high quality standards.
- Ability to collaborate and resolve complex issues while obtaining buy-in cross functional stakeholders
- Subject Matter Expert in the best practices of project management, including: project lifecycle, scope definition and management, planning and scheduling, monitoring, communication cycles, managing project teams and risk management.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to establish direction, build alliances, and inspire and motivate others.
- Strong assessment and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective actions plans and implement to successful conclusion.
- Strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to create and foster a collaborative work environment, maintain effective, high performance teams, and organize people and resources to solve problems and identify opportunities.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate data and information professionally, effectively, persuasively and on a timely basis, both orally and in writing to diverse individuals and groups inside and outside of the organization.
- 10 + years relevant experience in Project Management or Program Management, which should include leading cross-functional teams and large and/or complex enterprise wide projects.
- 4 + years’ experience managing staff and developing staff skill capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability work with executives
- Broad knowledge of program management practices in the manufacturing.