Experienced Carpenters and Finishers
Commercial Drywall Finisher
-Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: taping tools, equipment, materials and safety practices of drywall finishing
-Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to crawl, climb, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, stand for longs periods of time, lift and hold in excess of 50lbs, talk, hear and occasionally sit
Job duties include but are not limited to sealing joints, repairing cracks, and smoothing imperfections on walls and ceilings to create surfaces that are suitable for final treatment, ensuring that all supplies are used safely, complete tasks efficiently while maintaining a high quality of work
-Joining drywall panels using tape and plaster
-Repairing cracks and any other damage to the drywall panels
-Concealing any imperfections or exposed irregularities in the drywall surface
-Layering plaster or spackle with drywall knives to create a flat surface
-Sanding down rough areas on the wall to create a smooth surface
Commercial Drywall Carpenter’s role is to construct interior and exterior walls and ceilings including metal stud framing, rough carpentry, drywall hanging, and acoustical ceiling grid and tile installation. They will maintain a professional, ethical, and positive attitude with a high level of customer service working with subcontractors as well as homeowners.
- Interprets and understands engineering and/or building plans, improvement standards, construction specifications, and city ordinances.
- Frames Walls and Ceilings
- Installs hollow metal door and window frames
- Installs sheetrock, exterior gyp board, etc.
- Installs Sound Batt and Kraft Insulation
- Install Fiberglass Reinforced Panels (FRP)
- Cleans and inspects work areas.
- Support superintendents.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Valid state-issued Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- At least three years of experience via on-the-job training required.
- Ability to understand directions
- Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Ability to picture objects from drawings or diagrams.
- Extensive knowledge of power tools, including skill saw miter saw and jigsaw.
- Possession of basic hand tools and reliable transportation to job sites.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) and construction safety practices.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical: The job requires the ability to be able to work in cramped spaces, frequent lifting, standing, bending, and kneeling for extended periods. Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination. Heavy equipment often must be moved back and forth while working. The ability to climb ladders, work off ladders, and be within ladder weight restrictions are required. Must be able to regularly lift and/or pull up to 75 lbs.
Additional responsibilities that would be helpful but not required:
- Knowing and understanding blueprints, building plans, and specifications
- Installs hardware on doors, windows, and cabinets.
- Patches and textures drywall, caulking, and touches up paint.
- Supervises all work done by carpenter apprentices and laborers.
A little about us: Danny Satterfield Drywall has been serving Wichita, Kansas and its surrounding areas since 1985. We have had the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects including churches, hospitals, schools, homes, shopping malls, restaurants, theatres, bowling alleys, office buildings, retail stores, and more. If you have spent much time in the Wichita area, chances are you have seen our work.
Danny Satterfield Drywall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Danny Satterfield Drywall complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.