Sr. Technical WriterDayton T. Brown, Inc.
Join our amazing team of talented, dedicated professionals here at Dayton T. Brown, Inc.!
The role of a Sr. Technical Writer will include:
- Developing clear and concise technical documentation in accordance with commercial and/or military specifications from various types of source material, such as engineering drawings, schematics, acceptance test procedures, bills of material, design specifications, and reports
- Collaborating with Subject Matter Experts, such as engineers, technicians, and programmers, to gain an understanding of the product
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of technical documentation
- Ensuring the timely delivery of technical data to our customers
- Interfacing with support personnel concerning editorial comments and the preparation of illustrations
- Contributing to a continuous improvement culture by developing and implementing enhancements based on lean manufacturing concepts
- Actively participating in various team meetings, including other technical writers, illustrators, and
- production personnel, to develop or update technical manuals
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a technical writer developing aircraft manuals (maintenance, completions, or parts and wiring)
- Strong computer skills with experience in a structured authoring environment, such as Arbortext or Framemaker
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and other documents
- Knowledge of aerospace industry standards and regulations, such as Simplified English, MIL-specs, ATA, or S1000D
- A&P license or pilot's license, a plus
- College degree in an aerospace-related field, military training in aircraft maintenance, or equivalent experience
With over 60 years of experience in providing support to both military and commercial customers, we know the value of technical competence and relationship building. Dayton T. Brown, Inc. offers an innovative work environment, competitive salaries, an array of employee activities and benefits, a family-friendly work culture, as well as the opportunity to learn and grow alongside our incredible team of professionals.
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.