Technical Documentation AnalystDayton T. Brown, Inc.
Join our amazing team of talented, dedicated professionals here at Dayton T. Brown, Inc.!
Based in our Wichita, KS office, you will report to the Manager of Technical Publications.
You will interface with other production employees, technical writers, and illustrators to develop or update technical manuals.
Working with a talented team of professionals, you'll:
- Work on programs for world-class aircraft manufacturers, as well as other organizations
- Prepare content using technical input from authoring and illustration teams
Interpret client style guides and apply format into final deliverable content
- Understand style sheets and MIL-specifications
- Develop technical manuals, such as maintenance manuals, IPBs, vendor manuals, wiring diagrams manuals, schematic diagrams, etc.
- Provide technical support for databases, templates, and software applications
- Scan documents, create PDF files, as well as work within the PDF files
- Work on document management and archiving
- Create data modules for S1000D publications (IETMs)
- Convert data from one specification to another
- Create graphic markups for technical illustrations
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a technical publications environment
- Strong computer skills and experience in SGML/XML-structured authoring environments (Arbortext Editor, Adobe Framemaker, or similar), as well as Microsoft Office products
- Basic understanding of aerospace industry standards and regulations, such as MIL-specifications, ATA, and/or S1000D
- Ability to teach/train the use of technical publications tools
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a technical publications or software applications
With over 60 years of experience in providing support to both military and commercial customers, we know the value of technical competence and relationship building. Dayton T. Brown, Inc. offers an innovative work environment, competitive salaries, an array of employee activities and benefits, a family-friendly work culture, as well as the opportunity to learn and grow alongside our incredible team of professionals.
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.