Assistant Book Keeper
Part time position at 20 hours per week. Will work primarily morning hours. Assists with various aspects of Accounting including, but not limited to: counting cash bags, making bank deposits, data entry, digitizing financial records and various research projects. Will be eligible for the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS). Covered employees have all rights and responsibilities of KPERS employees including payroll deductions for retirement benefits. Employees in good standing with 2 years of service and KPERS eligibility are eligible for Vacation, Sick Leave and Holiday pay at specified part time rates. Will receive complimentary facility membership.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first):
1. Counts cash, verifies daily close out reports with cash, check and credit cards for accuracy. Verify all money to be deposited from the previous day’s business from registrations and membership. Reconcile all daily reports with money to be deposited. Research, if they don’t agree.
2. Prepare purchase orders and invoices for entry. Enter deposits, journal entries, purchase orders, invoices and time clock entries.
3. Becomes efficient in DRC financial processes and operation of DRC accounting systems and management software.
4. Inputs daily receipts and disbursement data into the accounting system.
5. Makes routine office runs between facilities, post office and bank.
6. Carries out all policies established by the Derby Recreation Commission.
7. Audits cash bags for all support staff on a periodic basis.
8. Performs duties of Asst. Bookkeeper when necessary.
9. Perform all related work as required by supervisor.
10. Assists with information requests and other research projects requested by management.
11. Oversees and reviews the scanning of accounts payable and audits documents for accuracy.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Solid accounting and computer experience with proficiency in excel. Ability to work well within an organization, ability to keep consistently accurate records and respond to requests for information in a timely manner. Experience with accounting based software a plus. Should be able to problem solve, have good analytical skills, and solid arithmetic. Must be 18 and have a valid drivers license. Position will require travel by car to retrieve cash bags, mail, interoffice communications, deliver deposits etc. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Please apply online or send resume C/O Derek Smith, 801 East Market, Derby KS. 67037.