About the Derby Recreation Commission:
The DRC was created through a joint resolution between the City of Derby and Derby School Board approved by the voters of USD 260 in April of 1980. The Derby Recreation Commission is an autonomous governmental body governed by a five-member board. The board is appointed by the City of Derby (two members) the school board (two members) and an at-large appointment.
The Derby Recreation Commission operates the Derby Recreation Center, the Oaklawn Activity Center, and the Hubbard Arts Center. The DRC manages Rock River Rapids aquatic center, assist in the maintenance and rentals of High Park and Derby ballfields, maintains a bus/van fleet, and assist with various community projects.
The DRC offers more than 1300 programs and special activities annually. This includes a broad-spectrum including fitness, arts, sports, aquatics, culinary, special populations, and youth and adult recreation activities. It employs 28 full-time employees as well as 350 plus seasonal and part-time employees.
The DRC offers its full time employees a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Full paid medical and dental plan for single or family
- Sick leave
- Participation in state pension plan (KPERS).
- Matching Deferred Comp Program
- Free family membership and classes
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- Wellness Program with $500 in FSA incentives.
- Cell phone allowance for full time staff.
- Paid parental leave
Who We Are Looking For:
Are you an exceptional communicator? Are you great at multi-tasking? Are you someone who goes above and beyond? Are you passionate about helping others and providing amazing customer service? If this is you, then you may be just the person we are looking for!
We are on the hunt for a high-performance, go-getter to fill a Facility Coordinator role. This individual will manage and be the gatekeeper of a busy facility. We need someone to come on board ready to work hard with us where we’re at but be able to contribute ideas to take us to another level. This position will embrace the DRC Vision to, “Inspire the highest quality of life through exceptional experiences.” We believe in our core values, serving others, teamwork, driving change, being different, genuine communication and embracing community! As a Facility Coordinator, you will join a team that is dedicated to positively impacting the community through serving others.
What Winning Looks Like as a Facility Coordinator:
- Display exceptional customer service skills. Establish a rapport with our customers, face to face and on the phone
- Assist in customer support or troubleshooting issues
- Lead and drive Guest Service Representatives (build and maintain solid relationships with your team)
- Responsible for operation of Front Desk and Recreation Centers.
- The knowledge to inform customers of accurate programming, facilities, and membership details
- Fantastic “follow-through” ability
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills, respond to issues or concerns, to the customers’ satisfaction
- Go above and beyond, attitude to jump in and help the DRC Team wherever needed
- Treat every opportunity as a learning opportunity
- Ability to be extremely detail-oriented
- A self-motivated individual, able to work independently and within a team
- Clarity in decision making regarding policies and procedures
- Quickly and efficiently navigate the software to complete a transaction
- Be teachable and interested
- Attitude of humility and put others before yourself
- Accept your role and maximize it
- Accurately input customer information
- Ensure safety and security of our guest
- Always provide a clean, neat, and well-maintained facility
Skills Needed to Win as a Facility Coordinator:
- Proven track record of exemplary communication skills – both written and oral
- Ongoing collaboration with team members for solutions
- Coordinate with other departments on facility usage
- Experience (2+ years) working with children and with computer software
- Organized and detail oriented
- Reliable and flexible (this position works weekends and evenings)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Assist in ordering pro-shop merchandise
- Excellent “people skills”, listen twice as much as you talk
- Proficient computer skills, including data entry, website navigation and other software.
- Follow up skills and email management to stay informed, aligned and connected with our team
- Desire to grow personally and professionally
- Coordinate GSR trainings and events
Please forward resume and cover letter to Derek Smith, Director of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 801 East Market, Derby KS 67037. An online application is not necessary for this position.
Essential Job Requirements: Required to be available to work during operational hours of facilities which include evenings, weekends, and some holidays. Graduation from an accredited college or university with degree in recreation preferred. Must possess current CPR and First Aid Certification within 90 days of employment and be able to perform CPR and First Aid as needed Must pass a criminal background check 2 years experience in customer service and/or recreation programs preferred. Need to have the ability to see and hear, sit, stoop, bend and move about. Must possess an audible voice for communication and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.