The Derby Recreation Commission is seeking to fill a full time Director of Programs position and many other part time positions.
Reports directly to the Superintendent of Recreation and is responsible for the planning, development, training, hiring, and oversight of the program staff and all activities involved with a highly successful program schedule. Strong organizational, communications and motivational skills.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first):
- Develops budget, monitors revenues and expenditures for programming areas throughout the year
- Develops and oversees program schedule and information
- Identifies needs for programming in the community and trends for the future
- Recruits, screens, trains and supervises programming staff, program volunteers, and interns
- Conducts year-to-year programming comparisons
- Produces annual program report
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate program pricing
- Partners with local government, non-profit organizations and other groups as appropriate to provide programming to the community
- Participates in state and national recreation organizations to monitor trends and assure the DRC is maintaining best practices standards of the recreation industry.
Comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to implement, high quality recreation programming. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability supervise programming staff. Strong planning and organizational skills. Should maintain certification in CPR/PR and First Aid. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in the area of recreation administration, sport or leisure services preferred. EXPERIENCE: 5 or more years of experience in supervision of personnel and program development. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical demands are consistent with an office environment.
The Derby Rec Center hires for various positions all year round. Hiring is especially heavy in the March-April time frame as numerous summer positions are filled.
To review these and numerous other open positions please log on to: www.derbyrec.com and click on employment.
Applications are also located at 801 East Market in Derby, KS 67037.
Please call 316-788-3781 for additional questions and inquiries.
The DRC conducts background checks for all employees and volunteers in accordance with its Child Safety Policy. Prospective employees must pass a background check as a condition of employment.