Marketing DirectorDerby Recreation Commission
The position is typically eight to five but the Marketing Director is required to attend various special events and meetings on certain evenings and weekends.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first):
- Works with staff to develop an organization wide marketing plan. Develops timelines to promote yearlong marketing initiatives.
- Recruits sponsors for DRC programs and advertising. Program includes consistent practices for acknowledging and thanking sponsors.
- Produces quarterly program guide.
- Manages various social media platforms to promote the DRC and works on the PerfectMind platform.
- Produces materials utilized by programmers for promotion of events and programs, including press releases, sponsor request letters and other communications.
- Reviews organization practices and implements a system to ensure all material produced by the DRC is consistent in format and message.
- Promotes DRC memberships and programs to potential users, both individual and corporate.
- Produces DRC annual reports and Aquatic Park annual report.
- Recruits outside tournaments and other organizations to use DRC and/or City of Derby facilities.
- Manages and maintains a current website and DerbyRecGo app and develops content in a timely manner.
- Serves on the Community Marketing Committee with various local entities.
- Promotes organizational branding, whereby all services and materials provided by the DRC are clearly identified to users.
- Cooperates with program Director to ensure presentation of DRC programming is professional and provides customers with a quality experience.
- Documents DRC programs and special events with photos and video. Presents these materials to the media, the commission and other organizations to promote the quality of DRC services.
Bachelors degree in the area of marketing, communications or closely related field preferred. Professionals with no degree or a degree out of the specified areas may be considered with extensive experience in the field. Professional certifications are also considered in lieu of a four year degree. 5 or more years of experience in marketing. Government and/or recreation background is a plus. Experience in developing an organization wide marketing plan. Some design capabilities a plus (ex. Corel Draw, Photoshop). Personality to market the DRC to advertisers and potential customers. Ability to identify problems and create workable solutions. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively problem solve. Strong planning and organizational skills. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form. Must be 18 and have a valid drivers license. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The DRC is an independent governmental organization run by a five member commission. The Commission appoints a Superintendent who is responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations.