Program CoordinatorDerby Recreation Commission
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise youth recreation programs.
2. Administer, develop, promote, supervise and evaluate youth recreation program offerings.
3. Responsible for training and supervision of youth recreation staff and instructors.
4. Keep adequate records pertaining to attendance, budget, registration fees, etc.
5. Coordinate and staff any Derby Recreation Commission and/or community special events.
6. Perform all related work as required by supervisors.
7. Prepare annual budget, capitol improvement and equipment needs for assigned programs.
8. Supervise and coordinate afterschool programs staff, activities and participants.
9. Promote assigned programs to the community through oral presentations and written communication.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree Recreation or related field preferred EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience in the field of recreation. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Need to have the ability to see, hear and move about. Must posses an audible voice for communication and ability to lift light equipment. Strong organization and people skills required, along with creativity. Must be 18 and posses a valid driver’s license. Must maintain certifications in CPR/PR/First Aid/AED. Must obtain a CDL within the first year. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.