Experienced OpticianDoerksen Eye Clinic
We are looking for an experienced optician for our west Wichita optometry office. Positive and upbeat attitude with a sense of style desired. Certified is preferred but will provide resources to complete certification if needed. Experience with insurance plans such as VSP, Medicare,and Eyemed a plus. Lab experience not necessary but appreciated.
Experienced Optician Job Duties:
1) Measure clients' bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
2) Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
3) Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
4) Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
5) Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
6) Perform administrative duties such as tracking inventory and sales, submitting patient insurance information, and performing simple bookkeeping.
7) Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
8) Sell goods such as contact lenses, spectacles, sunglasses, and other goods related to eyes in general.
9) Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames in order to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
10) Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients' vocational and avocational visual requirements.
11) Instruct clients in how to wear and care for eyeglasses.
12) Determine clients' current lens prescriptions, when necessary, using lensometers or lens analyzers and clients' eyeglasses.
13) Show customers how to insert, remove, and care for their contact lenses.
14) Repair damaged frames.
15) Obtain a customer's previous record, or verify a prescription with the examining optometrist or ophthalmologist.
16) Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise.
17) Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
18) Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
19) Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses, then fitting the lenses into frames.
20) Supervise the training of student opticians.