Costume Shop Manager
Communication and Theatre
Search 1288 - Posted May 10, 2023
Emporia State University’s Theatre Program invites applications for a 12-month staff position as Costume Shop Manager to begin in July 2023.
- The Costume Shop Manager is responsible for the overall management and operation of the costume shop within the Theater Department. This position requires an individual who is highly skilled in costume design and construction, has excellent organizational and management skills, and can collaborate with faculty, staff, and students in the creation and execution of theatrical productions. The Costume Shop Manager oversees the daily operations of the costume shop, manages the costume budget, and supervises student workers.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the costume shop, including overseeing the construction, alteration, and maintenance of costumes for theatrical productions.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and students in the design and execution of costumes for all Theater Department productions, including plays, musicals, and dance performances.
- Manage the costume budget, including purchasing materials, supplies, and equipment as needed.
- Supervise and train student workers in costume construction techniques, safety procedures, and costume shop operations.
- Overseeing Student production crews, practicum students, design students, student shop hires.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and protocols.
- Maintains costume storage areas, dressing rooms, costume shop, and the equipment and supplies within.
- Attend production meetings, dress rehearsals, and performances as required.
- Maintain inventory records and manage the storage and disposal of costumes as needed.
- Stay current with developments in costume design and construction, attending professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED, as well as at least two years of experience with the preparation and
- construction of theater costumes.
- An MFA in Costume Technology or related field
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references at https://bit.ly/3piG0hl
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Position preferred starting date: August 15,2023
For more information
Jose Pavon Pete Rydberg
HR Professional Director of Theatre
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.