INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
Emporia State University is looking for a highly motivated individual to serve as an Information Security Analyst within the Information Technology (IT) department. Candidates must show an aptitude to solve problems with an approach that puts customer service first. The Information Security Training Analyst is responsible for protecting the University’s information and assets. They assist in the maintenance of the University IT security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines. They remain informed of industry and government IT compliance issues and known security threats. They will assist with security awareness program, complete information security risk assessments for the campus, monitor compliance and effectiveness, and research new outreach tools and materials. They also will actively participate in incident response and investigations.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with 4+ years of experience within information security.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience within information security.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Industry standard certifications such as: GSEC, CASP, CISSP, CISM, SSCP, GISA, Security+ may substitute for 2 years' work experience each, up to 4 years.
- Significant coursework or work experience managing and maintaining an information security program at an institution for higher education.
- Project management coursework or experience.
- Significant coursework or work experience configuring and managing network infrastructure.
Compensation: $21.15 - $26.44 hourly
For more information regarding this position, including full position description and requirements, please visit Emporia.edu/jobs
Interested individuals meeting position requirements should upload resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. Background check is required.
Apply at: https://bit.ly/3OgDJdi
An AA/EOE institution, Emporia State University encourages women and minorities to apply.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.