Instructional DesignerEmporia State University
The Instructional Designer promotes and supports the use of learning technologies at Emporia State University provides services that facilitate the integration of technology into teaching and learning across a broad curriculum. This position is also responsible for assisting in the support of the learning technologies portfolio at the University (e.g., Canvas, Zoom, Makerspaces, AR/VR/MR Studio, One Button Studio, Lightboard, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in instructional technology, education technology, education, curriculum design, information sciences, digital media design, or related field required.
- Master's degree in Instructional/Learning Design, Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology, curriculum design, Information Technology, or Digital/Multimedia preferred.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Three years of experience in course or curriculum design, eLearning and digital media creation/delivery required.
- Experience in the areas of teaching, providing effective customer services preferably in higher education, evaluating products, and preparing and presenting reports or presentations is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of a learning management system (e.g., Canvas), video production software, and online course development.
- Experience with assistive technologies, such as closed captioning
- Experience with course quality assurance frameworks, such as Quality Matters.
- Possession of a valid Kansas driver’s license and/or able to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments
- Experience with video and video editing.
- Experience with AR/VR/MR technologies.
Preferred Personal Attributes:
- Able to identify needs and address issues independently.
- Maintain a positive attitude, good morale, and cooperation promoting teamwork and partnering with other team members.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written, communication skills and the ability to work effectively and collegially with faculty, administrators, students, and colleagues are required.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve and prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong work ethic (e.g., dependable, professional) and proven ability to work in an environment involving tasks that require strict confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to institutional policies, plans, objectives, rules and regulations.
- Willingness to travel in Emporia and Kansas
- Must be able to lift/maneuver and/or install equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. independently and with assistance
- Must able to stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, and walk
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings when required
- Salary range $45,000-$53,000
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Leave
- Excellent working environment
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any factors that cannot be considered by law.