Professional Accountant I - 528924
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
Professional Accountant I - 528924
Supports the goals and objectives of the Office of the Controller by assisting with reconciliations and reviews and provides assistance with the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes. Prepares accounting transactions as needed.
- Reconciles and maintains various accounts monthly as assigned. Reconciles accounts, records, reports and journals as assigned.
- Assists in the month-end and quarter-end close process, including journal entry preparation, variance analysis, and reconciliation preparation/completion as assigned.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts as assigned. Prepares financial and/or auditor statements, schedules and reports as assigned.
- Calculates and prepares reimbursement billings as assigned. Reviews and verifies accuracy of data.
- Maintains accounting records for special accounts and projects. Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Maintains accurate financial records and prepares clear and accurate reports for informational, auditing and operational use.
- May serve as a liaison to the University Community for specialized issues as assigned. Serves as a backup in the University's disbursements' area, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in an area of specialization and 6 credits in Accounting and one (1) year of accounting-related experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word, etc).
- Previous working experience using Peoplesoft.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $45,000 - $50,000
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Required to spend 50% or more of time operating a computer
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply, please visit http://careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 528924
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.