Sr. Coordinator of Accreditation
Sr. Coordinator of Accreditation
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Senior Coordinator of Accreditation to join our team of professionals.
- Oversees and monitors the schedule for Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) reporting of information to The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and the FIU Office of Academic Planning and Accountability (APA); collects and verifies information for SACSCOC compliance from HWCOM faculty and administrators; tracts data, drafts and edits annual narrative responses, and works with Director of Accreditation for execution of the colleges annual institutional effectiveness reports to the university related to HWCOM student learning, program, and administrative outcomes.
- Oversees the copyediting and content editing of accreditation documents; edits, prepares, and rewrites content; constructs data tables and compiles or collates materials as needed for the Accreditation leadership.
- Monitors the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and its processes with the Accreditation leadership ensuring the schedules and deadlines are maintained.
- Provides organizational assistance to Accreditation leadership for collection of required responses from HWCOM faculty and administrators to accrediting bodies; participates in the drafting and synthesizing of reports and data tables for the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accreditation.
- Coordinates logistical planning and operational support for accreditation survey visits.
- Develops and maintains HWCOM accreditation website content; works with college leadership to assure website content is consistent with accreditation standards and institutional policies and procedures.
- Manages project-oriented accreditation activities including planning, initiation, coordination, implementation, and evaluation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of office or related experience providing administrative support or coordinating functions of an office or department.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 531068.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.