Director of Human ResourcesGreat Plains Manufacturing, Inc.
Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., wholly owned by Kubota Tractor Company, is searching for a well-rounded and energetic Director of Human Resources to lead our HR department in developing and guiding our valuable workforce. The position is located at the corporate office in Salina, KS. Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of agricultural planting, seeding, tillage and fertilizer application systems as well as an industry leading manufacturer of tractor and skid steer mounted implements for the landscaping and construction industry. The Company is 42 years old with a workforce of approximately 1,500 employees. We are a fully integrated manufacturer, selling our equipment across the United States and Canada as well as over 70 other countries throughout the world.
This position reports to the President of the Company, serves on the executive management team; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues. The primary objective is:
- safety of the workforce;
- development of a superior workforce;
- development of the Human Resources department; and
- development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
The Director of Human Resources guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. The major areas directed are:
- recruiting and staffing;
- performance management and improvement systems;
- organization development;
- employment and compliance to regulatory concerns;
- employee orientation, development, and training;
- policy development and documentation;
- employee relations;
- company employee and community communication;
- compensation and benefits administration;
- employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health; and
- management and development of the Human Resources staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development. PHR/SPHR a plus.
- Ten plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
Great Plains Manufacturing Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Great Plains Manufacturing Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.