Senior Financial AccountantGreat Plains Manufacturing, Inc.
Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., wholly owned by Kubota Tractor Company, has need for a Senior Financial Accountant in the corporate office located in Salina, KS. The Senior Financial Accountant will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
This position will have ownership of the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; both externally and internally. The position also supports and assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate consolidated financial statements and reports internally and externally
- Assist Controller to establish rules for in-house accounting
- Ensure internal controls are in place and working
- Process financial data for international subsidiaries
- Maintain high level of expertise on current and proposed rules and pronouncements with company and auditors
- Support external audit activities at year-end and internal audits throughout the year
- Assist finance staff to identify and create financial reporting tools
- Assess the integrity of all financial data files and recommend improvements deemed necessary
- Review and investigate errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures as needed
- Comply with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Strong computer skills MS Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
We offer competitive compensation in addition to an attractive benefits package.