HousekeepingHampton Inn & Suites at The Kansas Star Casino
A room attendant performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms under supervision of the housekeeping supervisor. Room attendants promote a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, and friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
He/She should maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and also the hotel's procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleaning guest rooms according to the "Once a Round" procedure in the amount of time set up in Vista Host standards.
- Making beds according to standard with fresh sheets and pillowcases.
- Cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Emptying wastebaskets and transporting other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and/or polishing floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Cleaning mirrors and shelves, wiping doors, door frames, and furniture.
- Dusting light fixtures, windowsills, baseboards, and picture frames.
- Arranging furniture properly.
- Cleaning bathrooms, scrubbing basins, tubs, toilets, and tile floor with appropriate chemical solutions and rags in accordance with Vista Host policy.
- Reporting all vacated and cleaned rooms, occupied and cleaned rooms to the Executive Housekeeper or the Assistant Housekeeper.
- Submitting work orders when maintenance deficiencies are noted.
- Maintaining a clean and well stocked cart at all times.
- Checking heating and cooling system as appropriate for the time of year, televisions, radios, clocks, and all lights in all areas of the bathroom and guest room.
- Reporting all deficiencies in operation of heating and cooling systems, televisions, radios, clocks, and replacing light bulbs as needed.
- Replenishing room supplies in proper quantity and location.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job requires continuous movement, regularly bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, and moving up to 25-30 pounds.
- You will also lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally. You must also be able to stand and walk for an entire shift and perform repetitive motions.