Experienced TechnicianHatchett Buick GMC
Wichita, KS Full-time
Posted on October 25, 2018
$2,000 Sign On Bonus for qualified candidates!
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Knowledge of automotive systems and the ability to explain systems and repairs to others
- Willingness and ability to maintain current product and technical knowledge
- Ability to diagnose vehicle problems and interpret work orders
- Ability and desire to repair vehicles correctly the first time
- Ability to diagnose vehicle problems other than those on the work order or those described by the customer
- Ability to estimate time of service or repair job for purposes of efficient scheduling
- Knowledge of parts requirements to complete a job, and ability to communicate parts requirements via repair orders
- Knowledge of approved and established procedures for conducting service and repairs
- Ability to document repairs performed on completed customer service orders
- Ability to stay current by attending technical training schools and by reading and understanding service manuals, technical bulletins, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with the quality control and inspection requirements of the Service Department
- Is responsible for conducting routine service on vehicles and for diagnosing and completing repairs on customer vehicles.
- Is the most up-to-date person in the dealership with regard to the technical aspects of vehicles.
- Works closely with the Parts Department and with the Service Advisor.
- Uses the computer to determine how long a given repair or service will take and keeps the Service Advisor or team leader abreast of repair progress so that additional work may be scheduled.
- Is capable of correctly performing complicated repair sequences according to established procedures.
- Knows the shop area and the availability of special tools that might be needed.
- Is detail-oriented and writes on the work order the repairs completed, the parts required, and the labor to be charged.
- Documents any other vehicle problems that were noted during servicing.
- Should be capable of working independently, managing his or here time and work flow.
Benefits Including: Major Medical, Dental, vision, 401K and a discount to the YMCA
Must Pas Drug screen, Background Check and MVR