RN Case Manager
HealthBack Home Health
Posted on December 1, 2017
$2000 SIGN ON BONUS
Summary: Provides general nursing care to patients in the home setting and manages a case load of patients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assesses and evaluates cases and prepares and implements treatment and case management plans.
- Prepares and maintains written case records, reports, and forms, implements and coordinates patient care, and performs other administrative tasks as required.
- Confers with health team members, individually and in conference to exchange, discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying and coordinating treatment programs.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and approved nursing techniques.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor and/or physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Bathes, dresses, and assists patients with ambulation and range of motion.
- Performs supervisory visits on field staff as required.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by physician and/or company policy including patient and family instruction.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Frequent daily travel required, including overnight travel. Required to participate in On Call rotation.
RN license required