CNC Mill MachinistHeroux Devtek, Inc. - APPH Wichita, Inc.
Position Summary: CNC Machinist - Milturn Sets up and operates a minimum of two numerical control machines to cut, shape, or form metal workpieces to specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
• Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished workpiece.
• Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures workpiece in fixture according to setup instructions, using clamps, bolts, hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments, such as ruler and caliper.
• Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
• Loads control media, such as disk, tape, or punch card, machine control console or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from data base.
• Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
• Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
• Changes cutting tools and location of workpiece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
• Measures workpiece for conformance to specification, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and gauges.
• Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
• (May) Adjusts machine feed and speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
• (May) Machines materials other than metal, such as composites, plastic, and rubber.
• Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
• Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts.