Paramedic & Advanced Life Support InstructorHutchinson Community College
- · Instruct in the paramedic program. Teaching assignments may include evening, weekend, and/or alternative delivery systems such as online, ITV or outreach locations.
- · Provide curriculum planning, instructional unit development, implementation and evaluation.
- · Coordinate preceptor supervision of students in a variety of clinical, field and classroom settings.
- · Coordinate and instruct in didactic, psychomotor, clinical and field learning activities.
- · Develop, implement and report frequent assessments of students' progress in achieving acceptable program requirements.
- · Perform student and curriculum support activities to include tutoring, clinical visitations, field internship visitations, and scheduling.
- · Teach and assess students in cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains.
- · Participate in faculty and team meetings.
- · Assure program standards are practiced to meet or exceed the national accreditation process.
- · Serve actively on campus committees.
- · Arrive for work on time, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- · Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- · Advise enrolled and prospective students.
- · Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Paramedic Program Coordinator and/or the Vice President of Academic Affairs, or as specified in the local Master Agreement.
- · Demonstrated ability to work in a student-centered, team environment is required.
- · Bachelor degree required in a program related field.
- · Teaching experience in emergency care or continuing medical education is required.
- · Candidates must be able to travel to clinical and field sites and other locations assigned for student learning.
- · Candidates must demonstrate instructional effectiveness in the paramedic national standard curricula and knowledge of course content at an expert level.
- · Kansas certified Paramedic or nationally registered EMT-P.
- · A minimum of two years EMS or critical care experience providing patient care is required.
- · Physical requirements include but are not limited to the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand, stoop, bend, reach, climb, push, pull, carry, demonstrate proper procedures; excellent communication skills; may need to work within adverse conditions; excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills; ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; Visual acuity to view a computer terminal. Medium/Indoor work environment.
- · Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- · Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation. -The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
- · One-year of EMS supervisory experience including responsibility for medical quality performance systems preferred.
- · Formal preparation in adult teaching and learning methods is preferred.
- · Experience in web based instruction and distance education models is preferred.
- · Proficiency in basic computer skills to include MS office products is preferred.
- · Kansas Paramedic instructor coordinator status with interactive television endorsements preferred.
- · Prefer ACLS, PHTLS, and PALS certifications.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is determined per the 2017-2018 Hiring Salary Schedule in the local HutchCC Master Agreement. This full-time faculty position is nine months annual (based on contract renewal) with an additional 50 duty days (220 work days per contract), due process rights eligible, benefit eligible, and exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this position, please see the attached schedule, or you may visit the following address: http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-schedule
Submit the HutchCC Administrative/Instructional Application Form to:
HUTCHINSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
1300 NORTH PLUM
HUTCHINSON, KS 67501
The hired candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts.
HUTCHINSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
To view the HutchCC Non-Discrimination Notice, please visit www.hutchcc.edu
HutchCC reserves the right to revise job responsibilities as the need occurs. This position announcement does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment; rather, it is a clarification of the responsibilities of the position.This position description may be changed at any time by the HutchCC administration.