Public Safety Trainer - Fire ScienceHutchinson Community College
- Provide instruction for Fire Science classroom and lab experiences, and other Fire Science courses.
- Prepare students for a career in the fire service.
- Assist the Fire Science Coordinator with the development of instruction, including alternative delivery methods of On-line, Hybrid, ITV, etc.
- Teach credit and non-credit Public Safety Training classes as assigned.
- Teach Public Safety credit and non-credit contract classes, not limited to, but including: locations at area high schools, public safety/services facilities, and other HutchCC locations as assigned.
- Coordinate Fire Science classes at high school and off-campus locations.
- Prepare lesson plans for standard courses and customized training.
- Completion of administrative duties in a timely manner, including: student grade reports, certification rosters, and other administrative duties per HutchCC policy.
- Prepare and revise course syllabi and instructional materials.
- Comply with policies and procedures set forth by HutchCC.
- Attend required college meetings and other pertinent activities required by the HutchCC Administration.
- Work effectively within a team setting.
- Pursue professional development through classes, workshops, or seminars.
- Participate in and support assessment activities, program review, and documentation of student learning outcomes.
- Serve actively on institutional committees as assigned.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Fire Science Coordinator.
- Associate degree, or higher, in Fire Science preferred.
- IFSAC Instructor I certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of field experience in the fire service.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience developing and implementing educational classes is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to teach via alternative delivery systems including ITV, internet, and/or other distance education modes.
- The ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Required physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, bending, stooping, carrying, etc., and excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills; The ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately. Visual acuity to view a computer terminal; Light to medium/Indoor work environment.
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation. - The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
Salary and Status:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by HutchCC administration. This full-time administrative staff position is 12 months annual (190 work days within a 12 month period), benefit eligible, and exempt.