PhlebotomistsHutchinson Regional Medical Center
Obtains specimens from patients as requested by the physician for tests.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- · Collects specimens for tests as requested by the physician or other authorized provider including blood, urine, and feces.
- · Identifies patients and labels specimens required by Laboratory policies and procedures.
- · Utilizes universal precautions when performing any procedure involving blood or other body fluids.
- · Properly disposes of used sharps and other bio-hazardous waste.
- · Collects, processes, and delivers specimens to appropriate section of the Laboratory for testing.
- · Maintains phlebotomy trays and outpatient draw station (restocking supplies, cleanliness, etc.)
- · Functions performed affect the population ages newborn through geriatric.
- · Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- · Basic computer and math skills.
- · Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- · Basic familiarity with medical terminology and anatomy.
- · High School Diploma or GED.
- · One year related experience or training.
- · Healthcare Provider BLS within the first 30 days of employment – if BLS is not American Heart Association, AHA BLS is required within three months of hire.
- · Phlebotomy Technician PBT (ASCP).
- · American Heart Association BLS.
We offer competitive pay, a generous benefit package and a reason to be proud of what you do, every day.